10th annual conference "Expert Examination and Photography" and new issue of "Photography. Image. Document" Journal
The State Museum and Exhibition Center ROSPHOTO invites you to participate in the 10th annual conference “Expert Examination and Photography” dedicated to expert research and technical and technological analysis of historical documents and photographs. The conference will take place on 27 November 2020.
Applications are accepted before 1 October 2020 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The conference proceedings will be published in a volume of "Photography. Image. Document" Journal indexed in RSCI.
- photographic documents as historical and aesthetical objects: problems of authenticity of photographic documents; identifying and dating historical photographs; art historical and technical and technological research of historical photography;
- historical photographic document in the context of visual culture: research methodology;
- strategies for using cultural-studies analysis of historical documents;
- commissioners and experts: criteria and methods of the evaluation of historical photographic documents;
- preservation and expert examination of digitized and digital documents and museum artifacts; problems of authenticity of digital objects;
- creating digital counterparts and using them for expert examination of documents and museum objects; equipment for digitization of artifacts for research purposes;
- interdisciplinary approach in heritage studies: physical and chemical examination of modern and historical documents and their parts; photographic and optical-electronic methods in document and museum object examination, equipment for expert examination of documents and museum objects;
- general methodology of expert research; theory and methodology of historical document examination and examination of museum objects, artworks, and archeological artifacts; problems of interconnectedness of historical document expert examination and forensic examination.